[Asterisk-Users] Polycom 501 power over ethernet

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 17:35:52 MST 2006

I guess the way you want to do it should work, (over a long run you
might run into trouble, but only trial and error will confirm this).
However keep in mind that the polycom cables come keyed on one end of
the RJ45, so that you don't by mistake put the powered end into the
switch.  What that means is that you will have to cut that bulging tip
off, othewise you shouldn't have a problem.