[Asterisk-Users] Preferred editor(s) dialplan coding?

S McGowan madprofzero at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 5 16:55:36 MST 2006

Comments inline:

>a vim user myself. I don't use most of what you descvribe below,
>however:
>
>> 1. Syntax Highlighting, and ease of updating that highlighting
>
>Update asterisk.vim

Good idea, primary issue being I'd have to learn vim, but it's looking like a
LOT of people agree with the concept of it being a phenomenal editor... Guess I
missed the boat ;)

>> 2. Auto-updating lists (like sidebars) with: (this is a total
>> WISH list)
>>     Variables
>>     Contexts
>>     a Command list?
>
>Not sure how to implement this in vim
>
>Maybe through some tweak of ctags?

This is commonly seen in Winblows editors, although possibly in X. I've seen it
in my Eclipse-based Trustudio editor.

Thanks for your input! I'm gonna dig into vim I think :)

Sherwood