[Asterisk-Users] RE: Asterisk-Users Digest, Vol 20, Issue 20

serge messa sergepmessa at yahoo.fr
Sat Mar 4 09:08:29 MST 2006

Message: 6
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 17:32:47 +0000
From: Conrad Wood
<asterisk-users at conradwood.netasterisk-users@conradwood.netasterisk-users at conradwood.netasterisk-users@conradwood.net>
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Problem with NAT!!!
Discussion
	<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>

On Fri, 2006-03-03 at 10:45 +0100, serge messa wrote:
> Hi all
>
>    I'm a newbie in asterisk.I install asterisk
server
> successfully. I configure this server to traverse
NAT.
> Using Xlite clients, i make a call between 2 local
> networks through Internet.Asterisk  server is
> installed on a host with public IP. client A (in the
> LAn A) and client B (in the LAN B) are registered.
> When i make a call from the LAN A to the LAn B,
> everything goes well.But, when i try to make a call
> from the Lan B to the Lan A, the xlite client B,

How do connect Lan A and Lan B to the internet?
Do they both have a public static IP or are they
dynamically assigned?
Are they both the same routers?
It might be far off but here's a couple of possible
reasons:
a) either one LAN keeps changing it's public IP (or
just bad timing
that
the IP of Lan A changed when you tried to place your
call to it)
b) Either Router (a or b) might not allow the relevant
packets through
to xlite (or to the internet)
Can you give more details on your configuration?
Can you provide asterisk logs?

Conrad

Lan A and Lan B are separate by Internet. My server
has  a static public Ip. The router of the Lan A and
the router of the Lan B have statics public adresses.
When i make a call from a host with local ip inside
the Lan A to the client on a host with a local ip
inside the Lan B, every things goes well, but, when i
make a call from, a lan B to the Lan A, my xlite
client display connecting, and after a time, it
display time out 408, call failed.

That's the problem. I don't know how i can fix this
problem.
   Serge