[Asterisk-Users] *** Yet another boring weekend? Test new Asterisk features in development!

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sat Mar 4 07:29:40 MST 2006

In Sweden, where I live, it's snowing like crazy. The Stockholm area
is covered in white stuff
and there's really no reason to leave the computer and get out
anywhere. More white stuff
is coming down all the time. Boring. I am sure your weekend is no
better - rain, snow or
just another boring sunny day.

Let's find something cool to do during this weekend!

Join the cool crowd that tests the test branch during evenings and
weekends. The dudes and dudettes that
proudly contributes by reporting everything from simple spelling
errors to crashes and strange noices from
their Asterisk boxes. The people who knows what is going on in the
Asterisk development circles - the
Asterisk Test Team!

I've updated the test branch to the latest version of my SIP
peermatch code. This is quite a large code
change, but not as large a functional change. However, it changes
some basic functionality:

* The sip_user structure is gone
* Incoming calls are matched first by user from: name, then peer
From: name, then IP.
* Friends are now *one* in-memory object.

In most cases, this means you can change type=friend to type=peer for
local phones on the
same LAN. This will also improve SIP subscriptions (blinking lights)
and call limits, since for
both friends and peers, we now have *one* object in memory that
handles the limit for both incoming
and outgoing calls.

During the week, I've also added a few other patches by other
contributors.

Read the README.test-this-branch here:
http://svn.digium.com/view/asterisk/team/oej/test-this-branch/
README.test-this-branch?view=markup

** PLEASE help the community, please test this branch.

Check it out like this

svn checkout http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/team/oej/test-this-
branch test-trunk

Then cd into test-trunk and run "make" then "make install"

Report any bugs in the proper open bug in the bug tracker. If you
like new functions, add a comment that this works for you. Provide
feedback, make our work easier.

Run "svn update" from time to time to get the latest version. Any
changes from trunk will be merged into this code. Read the
README.test-this-branch file to get more information.

Thank you for your help!

/Olle

PS. Obviously, this is test code, not recommended to be closer than 2
miles (20 kilometers) from your production servers.