[Asterisk-Users] Two PBX

yusuf at ecntelecoms.com yusuf at ecntelecoms.com
Sat Mar 4 05:48:32 MST 2006

> HELLO everyone
>

> I am having two alcatel 4600 digital phone PBXs .. They are situated in
> two
> locations 15km apart.
>
> I want users or extension in both PBXs to be able to dial and receive
> calls
> from each others through those 30 channels in the E1 ..
>
> I have line of sight so i am planing to use a wireless link between these
> two. Still i need a gateway or convertor from the PBXs to ip or lan ...
> Can
> i do this using two asterisk pc and two E1 card provided that the acatel
> has
> an E1 port in it .
>
> Is that possible to do this link ?? Can i make asterisk pcs transperant ??
>
> What is the simplest configuration to make ???

Hi,

yes, this can be done.  Ans yes, Asterisk will be 'transperant'.  So you
put an Asterisk box next to each alcatel  connected over an E1.So what I
am thinking is each of the alcatel's has a route on it to send  numbers of
the other branch over the link to the Asterisk boxes.  In Asterisk you
have a dialplan that whatever number you receive over the E1, because you
know it it a number of the other branch(), you just dial the IP of the
other Asterisk, and in this Asterisk whatever number you recieve you just
dial over the E1 to the alcatel.

I hope I have not over simplified it  :)

yusuf

believed to be clean.