[Asterisk-Users] IAX Video and Meetme

Matt Riddell [NZ] matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Sat Mar 4 01:07:45 MST 2006

Hagen Rode wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm browsing around the internet looking for signs that the IAX client
> library and app_meetme support video.
>
> I stumbled across this post by SteveK on the 27th of Feb 2006.
>
> "My company is looking to hire a full-time developer, who will be working
> about 25-50% of the time on iaxclient; in particular to finally integrate,
> build, polish and enhance video in iaxclient, add video support to
> app_conference (also in iaxclient's CVS repository), and generally improve
> the iaxclient audio and codebase."
>
> So my guess from this is that there is currently no support for video in
> app_meetme, but that in the (hopefully not too distant) future,
> app_conference will be the replacement for app_meetme and will have video
> support.

Replacement is a big word.

I would expect that meetme in its current format will not be able to
support video multiplexing.

App_conference on the other hand looks like it may do.

If you're into hacking code, the TIPIC libraries will support simple
video communications at the moment, although I have been unable to
compile it successfully.

There was some discussion a while ago on the dev list regarding the
replacement of meetme with app_conference, and the general consensus was
that it wouldn't happen.

This means that you will need to add it (possibly even in the future) to
the apps directory and patch/alter the Makefile.

OT: Mail me offlist if you are interested in building 3G/UMTS support
into Asterisk.

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell