[Asterisk-Users] new beta Grandstream firmware HT488_496_386

Russ Price kxt at fubegra.net
Sat Mar 4 00:02:25 MST 2006

Martin Joseph wrote:
> http://grandstream.com/BETATEST/HT488_496_386/

I've tried the new 1.0.3.18 firmware on an HT-386, and it's a step in
the right direction.

* Early dial now works correctly on FXS 1.

* It is also a lot better at checking the TFTP server - the 1.0.2.16
firmware was very sporadic about making a TFTP connection when booting.

* BUG: Early dial does NOT work on FXS 2 - it's even more broken than
1.0.2.16 was, but at least the brokenness is only on one port.

READ THE RELEASE NOTES BEFORE LOADING THE FIRMWARE. It is a one-way
trip; you can't downgrade back to 1.0.2.x firmware once you take the plunge.

A word of warning about early dial - you may need to tinker with your
Asterisk dialplan. Ambiguities can cause misinterpretation of what
you're dialing; in particular, variable-length patterns (using ".")
cause real problems.  A pattern like _89. will be matched on the first
digit after the 9, and I don't see an obvious way to make Asterisk use a
timeout in combination with early dial.

	Russ