[Asterisk-Users] How to route incoming calls to different contexts?

Zach A zeeshan at acabling.com
Fri Mar 3 23:53:38 MST 2006

Both DIDs are SIP and from the same provider. Format of registration is
like this:

sip.conf
--------
[general]
bindaddr=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
port=5060
context=incoming
disallow=all
allow=g726
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
allow=gsm
dtmfmode=rfc2833
canreinvite=no          ; required for incoming calls to ring extensions
insecure=invite         ; outgoing call not working without this
tos=0x18
nat=yes

register=DID1:1234 at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
register=DID2:1234 at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

[DID1]
username=DID1
type=peer
secret=1234
host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
fromuser=DID1

[DID2]
username=DID2
type=peer
secret=1234
host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
fromuser=DID2

Now both DIDs are sent to context [incoming] which is the default
context for SIP. If I add context=incoming2 under any DID section, it
doesn't go to that context and still go to the default context. How can
I direct DID2 to [incoming2] context?

Zach A