[Asterisk-Users] snom 320 MWI light

Nabeel Jafferali asterisk-lists at x2n.ca
Fri Mar 3 12:48:20 MST 2006

> I am using a snom 320 running 5.3.6 with Asterisk 1.2.4. In the sip.conf
> entry, I have mailbox=1234 at default and vmexten=*98.
>
> The light on the snom 320 turns on when I have voicemail and the retrieve
> button dials the correct extensions.
>
> However, the light turns off immediately after making the call to
> voicemail, even if I do not check the voicemail.

FYI Received the following from a vendor:

Currently there is not a way to keep the MWI light to stay on after hitting
retrieve button on the Snom.  The best option at this point is to set
checkmwi=1 in the general section of your sip.conf file.  This will cause
the light to turn back on shortly if there are un-checked messages waiting.