[Asterisk-Users] dtmf tones problem with unicall and E1

Martin Joseph ast at stillnewt.org
Fri Mar 3 12:46:14 MST 2006

On Mar 3, 2006, at 9:48 AM, Anton Krall wrote:

> Guys.
>
> I have a te100p with unicall and an E1 and Im having problem with DTMF
> tones
> but the weird thing is, I only have problems sending the tones to
> certain
> phone numbers, anybody seen this behavior?
>
> Asterisk shows on the console the dtmf tone been pressed but seems the
> other
> side is not getting them, and this just happens with certain phone
> numbers,
> not all..

I have seen this through my FXO, when the transmitted volume is too
loud and apparently the audio breaks up at the other end?  This was
somewhat speculation on my part,  but adjusting the transmit gain down
did seem to resolve it, so that was the proof.

It's pretty difficult with such a huge variety of different phone
systems and equipment out there to get them all working acceptably.  Of
course my biggest issues have been with the stupid phone system at my
wife's workplace!  I had to retune my gains for that system after I
thought I was done...

It's clearly a compromise,  and I suppose if the hardware (FXO in my
case) had a GOOD auto gain adjust that might help...

Marty