[Asterisk-Users] Echo Cancelation on TE110P

Michael Sampson msampson at yourccsteam.com
Fri Mar 3 12:42:22 MST 2006

It is my understanding that when you hear echo the problem is on the
other end. So if a caller complains they hear echo that is something you
should be dealing with, but if you hear echo that is the phone companies
fault. Now with a normal phone, the phone company will only echo cancel
long distance calls. For local calls the latency is not high enough to
matter. But with VOIP the added latency creates echo even for local
calls. I think the reason you hear it on some numbers and not others is
that the phone companies are doing echo cancel on  some of those calls
and not on others.

Michael Sampson
Information Systems Manager
Customer Contact Services