[Asterisk-Users] Lowering Server Load

Anton Krall akrall-lists at intruder.com.mx
Fri Mar 3 11:03:12 MST 2006

way to go Matt!

  _____

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Matt Roth
Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2006 11:51 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Lowering Server Load

All,

Just a quick update on our progress with the RAM disk solution for digitally
recording large numbers of calls via Monitor.  We are currently recording
approximately 80 - 100 concurrent calls to the PCM format on our production
server.  We also have over 220 dynamic agents logged into 10 queues handling
calls across 4 offices (1 local, 3 remote).  All of our calls are SIP to SIP
(a Cisco AS5400 terminates our Ts) using the u-Law codec and we do no
transcoding or DSP on the Asterisk box.  Yesterday, a total of over 8300
calls were handled.  The box is running roughly 77% - 80% idle.

As we add more clients to the box, I'll update the list with the results.

For more details of our setup see here
<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.telephony.pbx.asterisk.user/118497>
<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.telephony.pbx.asterisk.user/118497> and
here
<http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2005-October/127919.html>
<http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2005-October/127919.html>.

Matthew Roth
InterMedia Marketing Solutions
Software Engineer and Systems Developer

Ron McCarthy wrote:

Also, SATA on a onboard SATA card will eat more CPU then a SCSI system. Are
you running software RAID by chance with your SATA? SCSI or SCSI Raid will
not each CPU near as much since the HBA does all the work and does tie up
the CPU with all its I/O's. We have successfulyl recorded 5+ calls at a time
via dual xeon 3.0 with 10K SCSI drives in RAID-5 with no issuses running
about 30 PRI channels and anywhere from 50-75 SIP channels, all with g729
encoding.

Hope this helps!
Ron