[Asterisk-Users] Hardware Requirements for 1M minutes

David Thomas punknow at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 10:49:24 MST 2006

I'm doing an install for a client with the following requirements.

- 1 Million minutes of outbound calling
- Calls come in to asterisk via SIP/IAX and terminated to third party
provider via SIP
- Codec usage will be about 70% g711 & 30% g729 (there should be no transcoding)
- 100% IP setup with no voice cards in the box

They have a box on hand with a single 3.2ghz P4 w/Hyper-threading, 2GB
RAM & Dual 10/100 card.

The question is... Will their current system be OK for them? If not,
what would you recommend?

I realize I may be leaving out some needed info, hopefully this is
enough to go on.

regards,
David