[Asterisk-Users] login/logout agents in a specific queue

Johann johann.hoehn at ecommerce.com
Fri Mar 3 09:53:19 MST 2006

In Asterisk the Agent / Queue setup is kinda different than most people may
expect.  You can use a Queue without using Agents and Agents can be used without
Queues.  Agents however extend normal channels with the ability to
login/logout/pause that is not available on Zap/SIP/IAX/etc.

I assume that you are using Agent/foo on both queues.  Then you will need to
dynamically add and remove that agent from the queues using AddQueueMember and
RemoveQueueMember.  Anything stored in queues.conf will be used when Asterisk is
restarted/reloaded, however you can add/remove later as needed.  Just keep in
mind if you have the agent default to both queues, they remove themselves from
one, then you reload Asterisk putting them back in both.

Reloading asterisk also undoes pause I've found...

--johann