[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk at large

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Thu Mar 2 16:14:34 MST 2006

The best way to achieve maximum manageability is to design a MySQL database and develop AGI scripts (in your language of choice) that work to that design. I've found that it has been far easier to develop complex routing logic in python than it is in the horrible assembler-like Asterisk extensions.conf language. In a perfect world, there would be _ONE_ line in your extensions.conf, and it would be:

exten => _.,1,AGI(routing_script)

You'd also replicate your databases and put logic into your application such that upon failure to connect to the primary database, the application can seamlessly start performing reads from the secondary, replicated server.

Doug.