[Asterisk-Users] Changing caller id on transfer

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Thu Mar 2 13:41:42 MST 2006

We just had to bite the bullet and recognize the number following the
prepended string as being internal or external.  We prepend the string
"INT:" so if I call my coworker, he sees "INT:Mojo" as the caller id, or
"INT:112" if I have it set to do extensions instead of names.  if an
example incoming call came to me and I transferred it to my coworker, he
might see "INT:DIR ASST" or "INT:18005551212", respectively as
configured.  pretty much, if the callerid number is just three digits
long, we know it's an internal extension calling us directly and not
transferring somebody to us.  If there's no INT: prepended, we're seeing
the first incarnation of the call.  The only problem I've had is when it
gets transferred again, another INT gets on there: "INT:INT:Mojo".

You probably have separate contexts for when you dial another internal
extension and when an incoming line comes in. To try this you would add
the prepended strong to the internal context.

Moj

Cosmin Prund wrote:
> As usual, this is most likely a easy question, but here it goes any way:
>
> How can I change the caller id on a transferred call so the called party
> knows the call has been transferred from a colleague and it's not coming
> directly from our outside lines?
>
> The story goes like this:
> 1) Client calls. All phones ring.
> 2) Someone picks up the phone.
> 3) The phone gets transferred to someone.
> 4) The person that gets the transferred call sees the original caller id and
> doesn't know the call has been transferred. I'd like the person that gets
> the transfer to see the caller id with a digit prefix. Ex: Original
> caller-id: 0269123456; Caller id if the call has been transferred:
> 1*0269123456
>
> I know I can use SetCallerId(1*${CALLERIDNUM}) but how do I know I'm doing a
> transfer and not calling someone?

Mojo <mojo at horanappraisals.com>
Office Manger, Horan & Company, LLC
(907) 747-6666 x112