[Asterisk-Users] * dials out zap line first 6 digits, pause, then last digit

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Thu Mar 2 13:34:00 MST 2006

Hello, This seems to be a weird one.  I'm at work now and will get some
more-verbose logs later when I get home if nobody has any ideas about
what's happening here.

I've got a tdm card with 1 FXO and 1 FXS. Asterisk is in the 1.2.x line,
so is zaptel.  astlinux to be specific.   I can get the versions at home
later if it might help.   It's running on a silent epia 5000 board with
a compactflash ide card for a hard drive.  I got one of those awesome
picopsu units that just came out, which does in fact have enough juice
to run the epia board and power the tdm's fxs module.  Anyway, that's
all just OT FYI...

I ZapBarged from a sip phone to monitor the FXO connection to the pstn
while no call was in progress.  Then, from a phone hooked up to my FXS
module, I dialed a local seven-digit number.  Every time, asterisk dials
the first 6 digits, then waits for say half or three quarters of a
second, then sends the final dtmf tone.  The pause is always the same
length, and it's always between the 6th and 7th digits.  I will check
tonight to see if it only affects 7-digit numbers.  It's a very simple
dialplan, something like:

exten => _747XXXX.,1,Dial(Zap/1/${EXTEN})
exten => _747XXXX.,2,Hangup
exten => _966XXXX.,1,Dial(Zap/1/${EXTEN})
exten => _966XXXX.,2,Hangup
exten => _738XXXX.,1,Dial(Zap/1/${EXTEN})
exten => _738XXXX.,2,Hangup

Idears anyone?

Thanks!

--