[Asterisk-Users] Re: Milliwatt Analyzer available

Roger Schreiter roger at planinternet.de
Thu Mar 2 09:35:12 MST 2006

Juan Carlos Castro y Castro schrieb:
> Could I use this to distinguish human voices from machine beeps and/or
> ambient noise etc, by (after a few adaptations) calling it a number of
> times on the same set of samples with some representative set of
> frequencies? Or is there a better, less CPU-torturing way to do that?

Hi,

I doubt, Mwanalyze will be versatile enough for that.
I think, that would be another project.

The only case, you could profit from Mwanalyze for your purpose, would
be, if the machine noice/beep/tone will have _either_ a lot _or_ none
portion of exectly one of the frequencies supported by Mwanalyze.

Mwanalyze will e.g. tell you, that you have an amplitude of
300 (slin) of 500 Hz and a rest of another 10000 (slin).
This would be an indicator for a synthetic 500 Hz tone.
Whereas a 500 Hz amplitude of 0 would be an indicator for the absence
of natural voice sources.
Maybe under certain conditions this will be sufficient for your purpose.

In general you will need a spectral analysis of (almost) the whole
auditible spectral range.

Roger.