[Asterisk-Users] Sipura SPA-3000 vs Linksys SPA3000

John Jensen JRJ at ft.fo
Thu Mar 2 06:53:43 MST 2006

Hi Frank,
Linksys bought Sipura some time ago (and Cisco owns Linksys btw).

I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that it's the same box.

I just recieved word from Sipura that the following products
are being 'end-of-life'd ':

* SPA841, EOL per December 2005
* SPA2002, Limited supply till Mid April and will be EOL by May 1st and
replaced by PAP2T
* SPA2100, Limited supply till Mid April and will be EOL by May 1st and
replaced by SPA2102
* SPA3000, Limited supply till Mid April and will be EOL by May 1st and
replaced by SPA3102
* RTP31P2, Limited supply till Mid May and will be EOL by June 1st and
replaced by RTP300
* WRT54GP2, Limited supply till Mid March and will be EOL by April 1st
and replaced by WRTP54G

You might want to get hold of the SPA3102 if you can.

/John

>>> frank at kingswood-consulting.co.uk 03/02/06 1:43 pm >>>
Hallo!

I had ordered a Sipura SPA-3000 in the UK, but the supplier turned out

to be unreliable and never shipped.
Yesterday I went looking for alternative suppliers and found the
Linksys
SPA3000 device. It's a different box, but the specs look very similar.
Is this the same device? Has anyone used this Linksys SPA3000
successfully with Asterisk?

Thanks,
Frank