[Asterisk-Users] SIP contexts being confused

Michael George george at mutualdata.com
Thu Mar 2 06:07:52 MST 2006

On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 10:39:36PM +0100, Rene Kluwen wrote:
> I have the same "problem".
> My solution is differentiate in extensions.conf, since all calls are
> terminated to different MSISDN's.
>
> So in extensions.conf I have something like:
>
> [incoming]
> exten => 9995551212,1,Goto(company1-context,s,1)
> exten => 9995551213,1,Goto(company2-context,s,1)

I have done something similar.  So the calls are being handled
correctly as the progress through the system.

The problem is that when doing a "show channels" all connections from
either trunk are indicated as being from the last one in sip.conf.
Also, and this is the bigger problem, I don't have the control over
codecs that I would like.

To allow 729 for one trunk and ulaw for the other requires that both
trunks be defined to allow both codecs and hope that the VoIP provider
will always prefer the right one.

Question for you: In your sip.conf for your two SIP trunks, do they use
any authentication (username and password) or do they use IP exclusively
to "determine" the trunk?

Thank you for your reply!