[Asterisk-Users] Info about F1000G

Vahan Yerkanian vahan at arminco.com
Thu Mar 2 01:02:37 MST 2006

Tomislav Parčina wrote:
> Does anybody use UTStarcom F1000G Wi-FI VoIP phone?
> http://www.utstar.com/Solutions/Handsets/WiFi/
>
> I'm planning to buy one and I need to know did you have any problems with phone. What is the sound quality? How close you need to be to the access point?
>
> Please, any information's are useful to me.

Bought one as a sample. Build quality is above average. Battery life is
very short. Maximum volume of the headpiece is very very low, e.g. you
can't hear anything while talking on the street or in a noisy
environment like a bar, etc. Menu is not user friendly, sip and network
settings are too far from each other. Doesn't support wifi networks that
use 802.1x billing systems.

Resume: OK phone for home / small office use, but you'll always want to
get a better one. Has become a member of "Hall of Junk" for our HQ
museum. ;)

HTH,
Vahan