[Asterisk-Users] Same CID on multiple users(friends9 in SIP.conf

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Wed Mar 1 09:33:37 MST 2006

On 13:02, Wed 01 Mar 06, Arne Morten Johansen wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> Is it possible to have different sip users have the same CallerId number
> in sip.conf.
>
> I need this because we got multiple companies on this Asterisk box.
>
> Company A's internal numbers:
> CID:	 User:
> 1000 - User 1
> 2000 - User 2
> 3000 - User 3
> 4000 - User 4
>
> Company B's internal numbers:
> CID:	 User:
> 1000 - User 5
> 2000 - User 6
> 3000 - User 7
> 4000 - User 8

Hi,

This is possible, but you have to add the sip users in
sip.conf with a unique name.
We do it like this:
[1002_1000]

where 1002 is the companies customer number and 1000 is
their internal cid
in extensions.conf you make a context for every company.

Cheers,
--
Michiel van Baak
http://michiel.vanbaak.info