[Asterisk-Users] Lowering Server Load

Anton Krall akrall at intruder.com.mx
Wed Mar 1 09:26:40 MST 2006

I have a server that to my surprise, is constantly upping its load to the
point of dropping E1 calls, MOH slowing down or breaking up and I wanted to
see what the rules of thumb, if any, can suggest about these scenarios.

Here is the situation, the server is a Xeon 3.0 800 Mhz bus, with " Gb RAM,
SATA 120 HD.

All internal phones are using ulaw or alaw, the server has 1 TE110P card
running spandsp, unicall for E1 R2MFC and also has 2 TDM04B cards for
analog.

At any given time, the server has about 7 calls established and We are also
doing call recoding in WAV format.

Can somebody explain to me why then the server is slowing down their MOH,
dropping calls, etc. When load doesnt even get past 0.80

Any tips on how to determine load, I/O, etc. And how to maximize servers
resources?

Thx Guys.