[Asterisk-Users] Help with Digium TE210P, TDM400P card in Dell PE830

Ondrej Valousek webserv at s3group.cz
Wed Mar 1 06:49:42 MST 2006

Hi all,

My asterisk (1.2.4, zaptel 1.2.2) running in Dell PowerEdge 830 box is
having problems with Digium TE210P card that I use for PRI connection.

My problem is stability.
Sometimes the box just boots OK with a full functionality, no problems
at all, sometimes (after power outage) it halts during boot with the
amber control LED flashing.
Sometimes (most frequent scenario) it just boots OK and when I connect
E1 plug in TE210P card it correctly clears red alarm status on the span
but do not reset channels and 'pri show span 1' shows that the span is down.
The only resolution is that I have to powercycle the box several times
with unplugged E1 until it starts working properly.

Not exactly what I would expect from a rock stable PBX.

Any help is appreciated.
Ondrej

Here is my zaptel.conf (although I doubt there is any config error)
# E1 Trunk ports

span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
span=2,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4

bchan=1-15,17-31,32-46,48-62