[Asterisk-Users] A room full of Cisco 7960s behind NAT

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Wed Mar 1 02:00:26 MST 2006

The 7960 SIPDefault.cnf has a line like this:
; nat_enable: 0                   ; 0-Disabled (default), 1-Enabled
to control the nat function "at the phone".

Since I'm not the OP but do have multiple 7960's behind nat boxes,
I had to comment out the above line from the *.cnf file and then make
the selection from the phone's front panel. (That is primarily because
some 7960's are not behind nat boxes while others are, and the
SIPDefault.cnf file is shared by all phones.)

If all of your 7960's are behind nat boxes, then change the above
line to "nat_enable: 1" would be okay.