[Asterisk-Users] Cannot get back chan_zap.so module!??

Aaron Paxson aj at thepaxson5.org
Fri Jun 30 10:44:08 MST 2006

Hey list!

I keep getting the error:

"Unable to create channel of type 'Zap' (cause 66 - Channel not implemented)" error.

In looking on my filesystem, I seemed to have "lost" the chan_zap.so module from /usr/lib/asterisk/modules.  I've re-compiled Zaptel and Asterisk, but it doesn't show up.

Zaptel:
# make clean
# make linux26
# make install

This is good.  I've modprobe'd the cards, and everything comes up:

# lsmod | grep zaptel
zaptel             196740     1      wcte11xp
crc_ccitt            6081      2      zaptel,hisax

So, I then re-compiled asterisk, so it can build the chan_zap.so:

# make clean
# make && make install

But the chan_zap.so module never gets built.  What could I be missing?

Thanks!
~~Aaron