[Asterisk-Users] Surge Protector for T1/PRI ?

Alexander Lopez Alex.Lopez at OpSys.com
Fri Jun 30 06:16:27 MST 2006

I have used these in the past, with only one issue. The T1 line was at
the end of its tolerances as far as length from the repeater. The surge
suppressor ntroduced enough resistance to make the T1 bounce, like
Tigger.

Having the Telco put in a repeater closer to our facility made the
problem go away.

Something to remember about lightning, it is lazier than a teenager with
cableTV. It will always find the shortest (least resistive) path to
ground. Today that may be your T1 card. Tomorrow it may be your Ethernet
network. Look at placing one of these on your T1's as well as your
Ethernet network, and Power Supply.

I am in Florida and lightning is a way of life. You can protect
yourself, you just have to think like a lightning bolt for a while.

Alex
Snip