[Asterisk-Users] Digium Hardware Reliability

Sean Cook scook at kinex.net
Fri Jun 30 05:24:03 MST 2006

Philippe Lindheimer wrote:
> I would love to see some feedback on this as well. I've lost exact
> count now, but think I've seen about 5-6 failures on their cards
> TDM400P and TDM2400P cards, mostly FXO but in once case FXS. And I
> don't deal with that many systems, which makes this really
> concerning. I've started a thread on the Asterisk Forum to get more
> feedback on the Sangoma cards as an alternative. I'm finding it hard
> to think this experience is a total fluke - it would be great to
> hear other people's experience though - good or bad.

Hmmmm... I have around 10 TDM400 in the field with out a single
failure.  I also have 6-8 sangomas A200's in the field with no
problems... Sangomas are not twice the price at all...

Sangoma a200 with 2xFXO =  $249.95
Digium TDM402b                =  $225.90

The only time the cost really goes up with the sangoma is when you add
the echo cancellor. (1 time cost of $300 roughly) at that point you
can only compare the card to the TDM2400 with echo cancellation and
then it too is an even cost.

Both cards in my experience are very reliable, the sangoma IMHO gives
you a little more flexibility in terms of a smaller system and
experimenting with echo cancellation or no echo cancellation.