[Asterisk-Users] DTMF Tones not coming in clear

Peter Beckman beckman at purplecow.com
Thu Jun 29 12:06:13 MST 2006

I'm running Asterisk 1.2.6 built by root @ iax1 on a i686 running Linux on
2006-03-29 20:59:01 UTC.

I have some numbers from two different providers, both being provided via
iax2.  All my calls are ulaw.

When people call these numbers, my system answers.  When they enter an
extension, ie 46723, the system, using FastAGI and using GET DATA with a 5
digit limit, hears 44667, or 44466, or 44666.

There is some crackling, popping or clicking on the line.

Is the problem:

     * My asterisk install
     * the codec for the call
     * the IAX2 mode of communication
     * The network (packet loss, packet delay)
     * something else?

What is a solution?  I think the jitterbuffer in 1.2.6 is broken, yes?

Beckman