[Asterisk-Users] Realtime SIP Registrations

Doug G Asterisk at isgcom.com
Thu Jun 29 10:31:17 MST 2006

What I did was modify sip to update the "status" on the sip friends in realtime.   Then via FAGI dial them directly with the data found in real-time. (ie dial (SIP/1112223333 at 10.10.10.1:5060) Of course you need to check the "status" in realtime data before you dial.  This allows MANY Asterisk servers to share the same SIP data.    I then load balance with DNS SRV..  Yes I have tested in failover it works.

I too have been told that by many that this will not work.  So I keep expecting to hit some problem with it, but to date I have not...

Doug