[Asterisk-Users] 2 or more ISDN cards: which comes first ??

Stefan-Michael. Guenther (in-put GbR) asterisk at in-put.de
Thu Jun 29 09:53:49 MST 2006

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, 29. Juni 2006 09:46 schrieb Francesco Peeters:
> On Thu, June 29, 2006 8:40, Stefan-Michael. Guenther (in-put GbR) said:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have setup an asterisk server with two EICON cards, a 4BRI and 2FX.
> >
> > How do I know, which card is the first, so that I can setup capi.conf
> > with the
> > right entries?
> >
> > Thanks for your help,
>
> lspci should tell you...

That's easy, here's the output:

00:09.0 Network controller: Eicon Networks Corporation Diva Server 2FX (rev
01)
00:0a.0 Network controller: Eicon Networks Corporation Diva Server 4BRI Rev 2
(rev 01)

And now let's get to the interesting and more difficult part:
According to the output of lspci, the capi.conf should look like as follows,
right?

[isdn1]
; EICON 2 FX
controller=1
group=1
devices=2

[isdn2]
; EICON 4 BRI 1st port
group=2
controller=2
devices=2

[isdn3]
; EICON 4 BRI 2nd port
group=2
controller=3
devices=2

[isdn4]
; EICON 4 BRI 3rd port
group=2
controller=4
devices=2

[isdn5]
; EICON 4 BRI 4th port
group=2
controller=5
devices=2

The 2FX is not connected to an ISDN line, all ports of the 4 BRI are connected
in TE mode.
I guess all the other parameters of this file aren't important for my problem.
The thing is, that [isdn2] is dead, but when I configure a section [isdn6], I
can use this controller for outgoing and incoming calls.
There isn't a mistake in the configuration of the 4 BRI card itself otherwise
I couldn't use ISDN3-ISDN6.
The question is, what happened to ISDN2?

Thanks for help & hints.

Stefan

in-put GbR - Das Linux-Systemhaus
Stefan-Michael Guenther