[Asterisk-Users] GXP-2000 and transferring call directly to voicemail

Chris Sutton csutton at ruoktech.com
Thu Jun 29 08:45:02 MST 2006

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone is able to help me with a solution.

I have a small office set up with GXP-2000 phones and the one thing I cannot
get to work is them being able to transfer a caller directly to another
person's voicemail.

If I have a dial tone (and not on a call), I can simply type *12 to go
directly into extension 12's voicemail.

However, when I use the TRSNFR button for a call that is active, as soon as
I hit * it returns back to the call.

Also, I have most of the extensions set up as BLF on the speed dial buttons,
and would love it if that could work some how to use those to select which
extension to dial direct to voicemail while on a call, but call the
extension while not on a call.

Any ideas???  THANK YOU!!!

Chris