[Asterisk-Users] Issue with using dialing PBX digits after call is connected

Mike list at virtutel.ca
Thu Jun 29 03:27:24 MST 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to make an apparently simple thing work, but I don't see how it
is possible with Asterisk.

This is my extensions.conf:

exten => 1234,1,Dial(SIP/123456/555-555-5555|20|D(7777)) ;After call
connects, send DTMF 7777
exten => 1234,2,VoiceMail(1234 at context);

What I obviously want is that if nobody answer the call, go to voicemail.
Basic stuff.

Problem is Asterisk recognizes the call as being bridged as soon as the PBX
on the other end answer, regarldess of whether the final extension 7777
answers or not.  In other words, priority 2 will never kick in.

How do I get around this?

Mike