[Asterisk-Users] Realtime SIP Registrations

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Thu Jun 29 02:04:01 MST 2006

On 29 Jun 2006, at 02:08, Aaron Daniel wrote:

> Has anyone considered the idea of splitting the sip registration
> information in a realtime database from the actual configuration of
> the
> peers?
>
> I mean, instead of having a table full of the configuration
> information
> (i.e. name, regexten, secret, etc) and registration information (i.e.
> ipaddr, fullcontact, etc), you have separate tables with their own
> information.  This way, you can have separate tables with config
> information, and use a view for the actual compiled configuration,
> instead of how it is now, where there may be repeating info all
> over the
> database.
>
> Does any of that make sense?

Yes, except, if I understand you correctly, you would also
need to write insert and update triggers on the view, so that
when asterisk writes to the compiled config, the correct changes
are applied to your separate tables.
That might limit your choice of databases a bit.

The other thing to watch is that you have to ensure that
the resulting view behaves exactly the way that asterisk
expects it to, unless you get the join right, you can
get duplicate (apparently identical) records back
which would confuse asterisk.

Overall I like the idea, we do this sort of thing lots in
the web world, I'll probably try something similar in
cdr odbc .

By the way, has anyone used cdr_odbc to oracle XE (the free one)
yet ?

Tim.