[Asterisk-Users] RE: Remote employees using Polycom 501 lose ability to receive incoming calls after few minutes.

Greg Kennedy gregkennedy at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 28 22:28:13 MST 2006

It is totally nat, first try to port map the ports through your firewall, on the network page set the rtp and sip ports plus the nat ip to use. I had the exact same problem and this was the only solution.

Or add the following to your config for the phone:
nat.mediaPortStart="5004" nat.signalPort="5060" nat.ip="your.public.ip.address"
just change the media and signalport for each phone, and set it to what you port map in your firewall.

I tried to do the qualify deal and it only works for a minute or two as well, so just use the port mapping. If only Polycom would pull their collective heads from their rears and give us stun we wouldn't need this bs!You wrote:>Sounds like the registration interval in the phones is less than the required registration interval of the server. I had this occur when using a SIP phone with an ITSP. >Michael >On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 12:04:40 -0400, Von L. wrote: