[Asterisk-Users] Changing standard Voicemail behavior

Maxim Vexler hq4ever at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 21:09:29 MST 2006

On 6/28/06, Jan Berggren <janne at intellit.se> wrote:

> I am using Trixbox 1.0(Asterisk 1.2.7.1)at a customer site. They whishes to
> change the default Voicemail behavior.
>
> Standard behavior
>
> No answer/Busy -> send to Voicemail
>
> Requested behavior
>
> No answer/Busy -> message that if you press 9 you will instead be cent to
> reception -> send to Voicemail or Reception if 9 pressed.
>

> I want this to always happen when Voicemail is invoked. How do I, in the
> easiest way, change the default Voicemail behavior?
>
> Regards,
>
> Jan Berggren

> Jan Berggren Tel. 0371-83990
> intellIT AB Fax. 0371-83991
> S Storgatan 20 Mobil. 070-6210100
> SE-332 33 GISLAVED E-post arbete janne at intellit.se
> Sverige Web. http://www.intellit.se
> Samarbetar med http://www.responsibility.se

Hi

What you want to do is following this procedure:

1. Create your extensions using FreePBX, for example : 200 - "Foo"

2. For each "Foo" extension create a custom IVR (Digital Receptionist)
  a. Set destination 9 : Main IVR
  b. Set destination t (timeout) : voicemail of "Foo"

3. For each extension "Foo" create a Ring Group
  2.a In each ring group there is only one static member - In our case 200
  3. Set "Destination if no answer" to be the custom IVR of "Foo".

This way the dialplan logic is as follows : Caller comes from Main IVR
to ring group of user, I no answer caller is sent to user custom IVR.
If user press 9 he is sent back to Main IVR otherwise he gets user to
record a message in our user's Foo voicemail box.

--
Cheers,
Maxim Vexler

"Free as in Freedom" - Do u GNU ?