[Asterisk-Users] Echo Cancellation

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Wed Jun 28 15:27:19 MST 2006

Douglas Garstang a écrit :

>General question.
>
>If you install a Digium card in an Asterisk system, and install zaptel drivers, do this give any benefit of echo cancellation? Our PSTN gateway is a separate Audiocodes box, so the zaptel card wouldn't actually be connected to anything. I'm wondering though doing this would help, in general, with echo cancellation.

a) No it won't unless you connect it to a TDM circuit

b) I have an audiocodes too (mediant 2000 4E1), and I've found the echo
cancellation to be superb. I'm surprised to see you're having issues!

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.

--
Jean-Michel Hiver - http://ykoz.net/
Découvrez la Réunion des Technologies IP & Telecom