[Asterisk-Users] Trixbox maunual configuration

shadowym shadowym at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 28 13:26:30 MST 2006

Just my opinion and I am no expert.  I took the time to crawl first.  I
installed basic Linux then I installed basic Asterisk.  After spending some
time crawling with this setup I set up some extensions and made some calls
and watched the messages on the CLI while Asterisk did it's thing.  After
spending some time walking I installed FreePBX and then Trixbox.  Now I feel
fairly comfortable running FreePBX and making manual changes via the
x_custom.conf abilities in FreePBX.  It is trying to be all things to all
people so bloat is inevitable.  So far I have not found any limits that
cannot be overcome by manual changes to x_custom.conf files in FreePBX.

I suspect if someone just jumps in with both feet and runs Trixbox without
learning the basics first they are asking for trouble when they want to get
serious about it and run into the inevitable snags.  Lot's of people are
probably doing it this way and working backwards which is quite possible but
is probably a much more difficult way to go about it.

My 2 cents.

  _____