[Asterisk-Users] Re: Two FXO: How to dial a number when a RING comes in?

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 05:56:53 MST 2006

Hi Vincent -

Sorry for the long delay in responding.  I didn't see you message
until now due to the postfix problems on the mailing list.  Anyway, I
see some clues here:

>> exten => s,1,Answer
>> exten => s,2,Waitexten(10)
>>
>> exten => 100,Dial(Zap/2/014XXXXXX)
>>
>> Then call in and after you're connected, dial 100 to see if it will dial
>> out on ZAP/2
>
> When I try this, /var/log/asterisk/messages says:
>
> Jun 19 18:12:38 NOTICE[1660] pbx.c: Cannot find extension '100' in
> context '(null)'

I know you mentioned that you forgot the '100', but more importantly,
the log says you are in context '(null)', which is not good.  Make
sure you have a context in extensions.conf, and make sure your fxo
cards are pointed to go to it in zapata.conf.

> For reference, I went back to the original configuration that I used, but
> it picks up the line and remains silent (static noises):

I think Eric Wieling is right.  You have another problem not related
to what you are trying to do in the dialplan.  It sounds like one of
your fxo cards or one of your phone lines is not working properly (or
maybe both).  Test both phone lines and both interfaces by dialing
into both of them (make sure they are pointed to a context in the
extensions.conf, and make sure they have something to do there when
you try to dial).  Can you get in to the asterisk box at all?  Then
try swapping the phone lines with the fxo interfaces.  Can you dial in
then?

If you need help writing some testing configs like this, just let me know.

- Noah