[Asterisk-Users] Trixbox maunual configuration

Jordan Novak jnovak at logisticshealth.com
Wed Jun 28 05:23:47 MST 2006

I love the added apps installed with trixbox, ARI, Web-Meetme, FOP, and
Reports are great. FreePBX on the other hand, is nearly impossible to do
everything with. Trying to edit the configs manually proves impossible
due to the excessive use of includes and macros. It is kind of like
watching someone try to bite their own ear off. Has anybody tried to
wipe all the configs clean and program the switch manually. Will this
interfere with the other apps. I would wipe out extensions.conf,
voicemail.conf, IAX.conf SIP.conf queues.conf and agents.conf. I do not
want to use the FreePBX again after this. I am not trying to put down
FreePBX, I know a lot of people have worked very hard on this. It just
over complicates things for me.

Jordan Novak

Communications Technician