[Asterisk-Users] Most stable Asterisk version

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Wed Jun 28 00:14:24 MST 2006

shadowym a écrit :

>Hi there,
>
>I am getting ready to set up a production Asterisk system.  It needs to be
>stable.  Upgrading, patching, rebooting, troubleshooting etc. are pretty
>much NOT an option once this thing is deployed.  Like any phone system, it
>is expected to just work.

Try FreeBSD's Asterisk port. It has been working rock-solid for me so
far. It's been a few weeks now with no issues (fingers crossed)...

But I admit that it does _JUST_ softswitching (i.e. call routing, load
balancing and database CDR collection) and hence has the smallest
possible feature set (search google: voip-info asterisk slimming).

Another option is to buy Digium's commercial edition of Asterisk, which
is supposed to be just what you describe.

Best Regards,
Jean-Michel.

--
Jean-Michel Hiver - http://ykoz.net/
Découvrez la Réunion des Technologies IP & Telecom