[Asterisk-Users] dial if

Miles Scruggs asterisk at garnetweb.com
Tue Jun 27 19:53:50 MST 2006

Well it turns out that that this method doesn't work.  You see if a
phone is on DND it still shows the chan avalible.  Also if the chan
isn't avalible, ChanIsAvail just crashes right there.  Unless there is a
way around both of these issues then I need to look at something else.
It just seems like such a basic function to be able to tell if a device
is avalible or not, ie if the call will go through.  Normally I would
just do

exten => s,1,Dial($ext1)
exten => s,2,Dial($ext2)

but the pesky fact is I want to ring $ext3 at the same time, but only if
either is avalible so I can't do:

exten => s,1,Dial($ext1&$ext3)
exten => s,2,Dial($ext2&$ext3)

because if $ext1 isn't avalible then $ext3 will ring anyway which isn't
the desired behaviour.

Can anyone please help me?

Thanks

Miles