[Asterisk-Users] 7960 help: transferring calls

Ryan Amos ramos at finetooth.com
Tue Jun 27 10:07:02 MST 2006

Chan_sccp does not support blind transfer. I would suggest using
chan_sip and the SIP images with these phones; it is much more stable,
has more features and is being actively developed. Chan_sip supports
blind transfer and 3-way calling, plus it handles multiple calls on hold
a bit more gracefully than chan_sccp. Chan_sccp seems largely dead at
this point; the maintainer has not released a patch in 2 months and most
of the users who know the code well enough to possibly maintain it seem
to have moved on to other projects.

If you don't have access to the SIP firmware (which you can get for a
$75 cisco smartNET contract,) understand that chan_sccp still has quite
a few bugs that make it unsuitable for a production system in my eyes.
There are still unresolved deadlocks and channel locking issues which
can render your phone unusable until an asterisk restart, and you can't
reload the configuration without unloading the driver and killing
registration on all your phones (meaning you can't add a phone without
downtime for the whole system.)

But this is just my take on the situation.