[Asterisk-Users] Re: siemens pbx and asterisk

Herchi Silviu Silviu.Herchi at arcelor.com
Tue Jun 27 02:25:40 MST 2006

Hi Lito,

We have successfully integrated an existing Siemens HiPath 4500 PBX with
two Asterisk servers.

On the first one we use a H.323 trunk (it needs a card on the PBX, I
think it's called HG3550). It works pretty well, except for one missing
feature - the callerid name is not transmitted over the link (it is a
limitation of the PBX that should disappear when it is upgraded to the
V3 version). The nice thing is it doesn't take any special hardware on
the Asterisk server - you just have to compile and setup an H.323
channel (asterisk-oh323 works best for us).

On the second one we have a Digium TE110P connected to the PBX using a
PRI. It works well too, you just need the PBX to have a trunk defined
and you're ready to go. We only use ten channels, so I can't say if the
performance is better. In this case you need libpri and zaptel on the
Asterisk.

I hope this helps,

Silviu

---
Hello all,

I'm new to asterisk. Our company wants to setup an asterisk server and
will eventually move to IP centric phones, but they don't want to just
throw away the old Siemens PBX, so during the process we want to
integrate it with asterisk. Is it possible? and how?

thanks.

Lito