[Asterisk-Users] x100p buying advice

Rod Morison morisonro at corp.earthlink.net
Mon Jun 26 17:16:15 MST 2006

I'm looking to get an x100p off ebay and am not particularly familar
with the "life cycle" of the card.. An "Authentic X100P" listing has a
buy it now of $29.95 and says

There are 3 types of cards Asterisk would recognize:
*Screenshots from the official, original driver install
        Cheap "OEM X100P","Clones", "Compatibles", Knock-Offs
           Found a Wildcard FXO: Generic Clone
        The X101P (note the 101, not 100) is a Low-end version of X100P
which uses low grade chips
           Found a Wildcard FXO: X101P
        Authentic, Original X100P Speaks for Itself!
           Found a Wildcard FXO: X100P

 From what I gather clone's and knockoffs will have trouble with
callerid. Is the "Found a Wildcard FXO: X100P" enough to establish full
featured hardware (assuming an honest seller)? Is there another
recommended source besides ebay in this price range?

Thanks