[Asterisk-Users] AGI script can not print out error message toconsole

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Mon Jun 26 14:23:08 MST 2006

He may be referring to the fact that when you run asterisk in non-console mode, stderr goes nowhere (not even /var/log/asterisk/messages). Considering that in a production environment, your going to want to run it like this, it means that if, say, an AGI script encounters a syntax error, you can't see what the problem was, unless you shut asterisk run, re-run it in console mode, debug, and restart it again. Not very convenient!

Doug.