[Asterisk-Users] '500 Internal Server' Error on SIP NOTIFY

Ben Chennat chennat at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 11:35:15 MST 2006

*Yes* we have been getting this error message "*'500 Internal Server' errors
back from their Polycom IP-601 (normally IP address)*".  Do not know why.
Was able to regenerate the same issue some times, but not all the time. It
is not consistent.

Symptom:

If you have several phones online (10 extns) if for some reason all the
phones start to sent the message because several people in the office are
transferring and answering new calls and existing calls in a certain manor,
after a while the Asterisk reboots, and if at that instance, if you have any
lines on park or on hold, all those lines gets dropped, and then light gets
stuck on the Polycom IP601 phone. The only way you could get rid of this
light on the Polycom phone is by rebooting the phones where the lights are
stuck (Almost all phones).

Symptom regeneration:

It happens when a person is talking, then multiple calls come in and then
the person tries to transfer the call to some one. If only one or two error
message is coming from the IP601 it will not cause any problem.

Solution:

We do not have any solutions for it yet. Hope that Asterisk or Polycom will
come up with a solution/ Patch/ Firmware upgrade soon. If you do find a
solution please let us know.

Thanks,

Ben K. Chennat