[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel answering the Line

Thomas Kenyon digium at sanguinarius.co.uk
Sun Jun 25 12:52:36 MST 2006

Steve Totaro wrote:
> Thomas Kenyon wrote:
>> I have a TDM400 card with 3x FXO and 1x FXS ports on it.
>>
>> At the moment I'd prefer (till I can get it working more reliable with
>> iaxmodem), for a faxmodem to answer one of the lines instead of the
>> linecard.
>>
>> I've tried changing the context of that line so that the exten => s does
>> nothing, but that stops the line from being able to receive calls (get a
>> recorded This number is not accepting calls at the moment).
>>
>> So my 2 questions are...
>>
>> How do I set one of the channels in zaptel.conf (or elsewhere) so that
>> it is only available for making calls (and not receiving them).
>>
>> Does Zaptel automatically switch echo cancellation off if it detects a
>> fax call?
>>
>> TIA for any help with these.
> 1.  Use the group= option to decide how you want to use your channels.
Do you mean by putting the channels I want to answer i na group and then
making that the pickupgroup ?

Because that also causes the line to stop accepting incoming calls,
(rather than just asterisk).
> 2.  No, I don't think so, I think echocancelwhenbridged=no might be
> the solution there.

I hope so, that fixed the problems bridging between channels whilst
using a PDQ, I didn't have time when I was there to see if it improved
fax reception.