[Asterisk-Users] TDMoE question

undrhil.1528785 at bloglines.com undrhil.1528785 at bloglines.com
Sun Jun 25 10:16:46 MST 2006

I asked about a similar application a few weeks back.  This is sometimes referred
to as "campusing" since you are basically going to make the two systems sharing
their resources appear to be one system.  From what I understand, you have
to have both boxes running Asterisk.  I am pretty sure that it's the Asterisk
software, not the Zapata hardware, that does the actual sharing.  :)

Undrhil

wrote:

> On Jun 25, 2006, at 1:55 AM, Stelios Koroneos wrote:

Greetings !
> > I am looking into the TDMoE functionality of the Zapata drivers
and *
> > and i
> > am kind of confused.
> > Lets say i have 2 linux boxes,
one has * running but no fxs/fxo
> > hardware the
> > other has a card
(for example an x100p) but does not have * installed.
> > If i just want
to "use" the card (no * reduduncy etc) from the machine
> > that
> > runs
*, do i need to
?
> > The examples i have seen mention zapata.conf entries which make me

> > think
> > that * should be running on both machines, but i am not sure
if this
> > applies
> > in my case.
> >
> > Any ideas, thoughts, links
etc are more than welcome

> Sounds like you would definitely need asterisk
on the box with the
> card.  I don't think the driver can do anything all
on it's own.

> I am really a newbie though, so don't take my word as
gospel.