[Asterisk-Users] Polycom 601 question

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at mercury.net
Sat Jun 24 09:42:00 MST 2006

Hey everyone,

I know this isn't a direct Asterisk issue, but some of you may know this
answer.

I recently upgraded the SIP version to 1.6.6 on all of our phones in the
office. Everything is working fine, except one aspect. The phones in the
office reboot randomly for no apparent reason. I haven't changed
anything in the configuration files since the upgrade. The only setting
in the sip.conf file that I can think would cause this problem is
voIpPort.SIP.specialEvent.checkSync.alwaysReboot="0"

Which is to me is fine, I wouldn't want the phones to reboot unless I
did change something in the configuration files.

Any other thoughts as to what may have caused the phone to reboot?

Thanks,
Kevin